LIOB-585 I/O Controller
LIOB‑585 I/O Controllers are IP-enabled, compact, programmable automation stations for LonMark Systems and BACnet/IP networks with physical inputs and outputs and integrated graphical visualization.
The LIOB‑585 I/ O Controller is equipped with two Ethernet ports including a builtin Ethernet switch. This allows for building a daisy chained line topology of up to 20 devices, which reduces costs for network installation. Dual Ethernet port devices also allow the setup of a redundant Ethernet installation (ring topology), which increases reliability. The redundant Ethernet topology is enabled by the Rapid Spanning Tree Protocol (RSTP), which is supported by most managed switches.
Technology data points are automatically exposed as OPC tags for higher level OPC client applications or L‑WEB system via the integrated OPC server providing SSL encrypted web services (OPC XML‑DA) or UA Secure Conversation (OPC UA). The L‑IOB I/ O Controllers further allow data exchange over global connections (network-wide data exchange), offer AST™ functions (Alarming, Scheduling, and Trending), store custom graphic pages for visualization in LWEB‑802/ 803, and can be seamlessly integrated in the LWEB‑900 Building Management System. LIOB‑585 I/ O Controllers implement the BACnet Building Controller (B-BC) profile and are BTL certified.
Local Operation and Override
All L‑IOB I/ O Controllers are equipped with an LCD display (128x64) with backlight and jog dial for manual local operation and override. Device and data point information is displayed in text form and via graphical symbols.
Unitary and Terminal Controller
The LIOB-585 is designed to efficiently implement unitary and terminal applications in a compact form factor. The integrated differential pressure sensor, its local I/O, and the built-in MP-Bus port provide connectivity for all unitary and terminal equipment. In addition, the RS-485 port allows connection of L-STAT room operator panels for temperature and air quality measurement and user interaction.
- Automation station with physical inputs and outputs
- IEC 61131‑3 and IEC 61499 programmable with L‑STUDIO
- 128x64 graphic display with backlight
- Local and remote access to information about device status and data points
- Manual operation using the jog dial or VNC client
- Alarming, Scheduling, and Trending (AST™)
- Node.js support* for easy IoT integration (e.g. Google calendar, Alexa & friends, multimedia equipment,…)
- Event-driven e-mail notification
- Math objects to execute mathematical operations on data points
- Stores customized graphical pages
- Visualization of customized graphical pages through LWEB‑900 (Building Management), LWEB‑803 (Monitoring and Control), or LWEB‑802 (Web Browser)
- Support of the L‑STAT Room Operator Panel
- Built-in OPC XML‑DA and OPC UA server
- Dual Ethernet/IP interface
- Access to network statistics
- Compliant with ANSI/ASHRAE 135‑2012 and ISO 16484‑5:2012 standard
- Supports BACnet MS/TP and BACnet/IP
- BACnet Client Function (Write Property, Read Property, COV Subscription)
- BACnet Client Configuration with configuration tool (scan and EDE import)
- B-BC (BACnet Building Controller) functionality, BTL certified
- Compliant with CEA‑709, CEA‑852, and ISO/IEC 14908 Standard (LonMark System)
- Supports IP-852 (Ethernet/ IP)
- Support of dynamically created or static NVs
- Support of user-defined NVs (UNVTs) and Configuration Properties (SCPTs, UCPTs)
- Integrated BACnet/ IP to BACnet MS/ TP Router including BBMD as well as Slave-Proxy functionality
- Gateway functions including Smart Auto-Connect™
- Integrated web server for device configuration and monitoring data points
- Connection to EnOcean wireless devices via LENO-80x Interface
- Supports WLAN through LWLAN-800 Interface
- Supports LTE through LTE‑800 Interface
- Stores user-defined project documentation
- Integration of damper actuator via MP-Bus
- Differential pressure sensor
*requires L-IOT1 software license
LIOB-585 - Video
Dimensions in mm [inch]
|Dimensions (mm)||107 x 100 x 75 (L x W x H)|
|Installation||DIN rail mounting following DIN 43880, top hat rail EN 50022|
|Operating conditions||0 °C to 50 °C, 10 – 90 % RH, non condensing, degree of protection: IP40, IP20 (terminals)|
|Power supply||24 V DC / 24 V AC ±10 % via L‑POW, or with an external power supply|
|Program cycle time||Down to 10 ms|
2 x Ethernet (100Base-T):
1 x RS‑485 (ANSI TIA/EIA‑485):
* Router between BACnet/IP and BACnet MS/TP
Total number of data points
|10 000||LonMark Calendars||1 (25 calendar patterns)|
|OPC data points||1 000||LonMark Schedulers||10|
|BACnet objects||500 (analog, binary, multi-state)||LonMark Alarm Servers||1|
|BACnet client mappings||500||E-mail templates||50|
|BACnet calendar objects||25||Math objects||50|
|BACnet scheduler objects||10 (64 data points per object)||Alarm logs||10|
|BACnet notification classes||32||Modbus data points||300|
|Trend logs (BACnet or generic)||256 (4 000 000 entries, ≈ 60 MB)||Connections (Local / Global)||500 / 100|
|Total trended data points||256||Number of L‑WEB clients||32 (simultaneously)|
|CEA‑709 network variables (NVs)||500||L-STAT Network Thermostats||8|
|CEA‑709 Alias NVs||500||EnOcean devices||10|
|CEA‑709 External NVs (polling)||500||EnOcean data points||100|
|CEA‑709 address table entries||256 (non-ECS mode: 15)|
|L-STUDIO 3.0 licences|
L-STUDIO software (IEC 61131‑3 or IEC 61499), L-INX Configurator
|Power consumption||4.5 W|
|Universal Input (UI)||6|
|Digital Input (DI)||-|
|Analog Output (AO)||2|
|Digital Output (DO)||
5 (5 x Triac 0.5 A)
|Digital output specification||
Please refer to the “General Input and Output Specification of LOYTEC devices” for more details.
|Differential Pressure Sensor||0–500 Pa|
General Input and Output Specification of LOYTEC devices
UI Universal Input
UIs are universal inputs for four different input types. They have an input voltage range of 0 V to 10 V, and can withstand up to 30 V. The UIs correspond to class 1 with a relative accuracy of ±1 % (of measured value) between 1 V and 10 V, and an absolute accuracy of ±10 mV between 0 V and 1 V. The ADC resolution is 16 bits. Galvanically isolated sensors resp. switches must be connected. Universal inputs can be configured as:
Binary Input (Digital Input)Input impedance > 20 kΩ, sampling period 10 ms.
- In voltage mode, the threshold values are < 0.8 V for low level and > 2 V for high level.
- In resistance mode, the threshold values are < 1.9 kΩ for low level and > 6.7 kΩ for high level.
Voltage Metering 0-10 VInput Impedance > 20 kΩ, sampling period < 1 s.
Current loop 4-20 mAInput Impedance > 20 kΩ, sampling period < 1 s. An internal shunt of 249 Ω is available for some universal inputs. Otherwise, an external resistor of 249 Ω must be used as a shunt.
Resistance MeasurementInput Impedance 10 kΩ, sampling period < 1 s. Resistors in the range of 1 kΩ to 100 kΩ can be measured. For popular temperature sensors (e.g. Pt1000, NTC10K, NTC1K8, Ni1000) fixed internal translation tables are provided. For all other temperature sensors, translation tables can be defined in the configuration tool and used on the device.
The average sampling period p of analog inputs depends on the number of active (non-disabled) universal inputs n that are configured in analog mode. The formula for p is:
|p = n * 125 ms|
This means if e.g. only two UIs are configured as analog inputs, a new sample is taken every 250 ms (on average) for each of the two inputs. The UIs configured as digital inputs are unaffected (sampling period always 10 ms) by this formula.
DI – Digital Input, Counter Input (S0-Pulse)
DIs are fast binary inputs, which can also be used as counter inputs (S0). They follow the S0 specification for electric meters and have a sampling rate of 10 ms. They change state at a load of 195 Ω between the DI terminal and GND. Galvanically isolated sensors resp. switches must be connected.
AO – Analog Output
AOs are analog outputs with a signal range of 0 to 10 V (up to 12 V), a resolution of 10 bits, and a maximum output current of 10 mA (20 mA @ 12 V), short circuit proof (2 outputs at a time). The accuracy over the whole range is ±100 mV.
DO – Digital Output
The following digital outputs are available:
- Relay 6A Output: Switching capacity 6A, 250VAC resp. 30VDC. Max in-rush current 6A, max. 600W (resistive) @ 250VAC.
- Relay 10A Output: Switching capacity 10A, 250VAC resp. 30VDC. Max in-rush current 10A, max. 1600W (resistive) @ 250VAC.
- Relay 16A Output: Switching capacity 16A, 250VAC resp. 30VDC. Max in-rush current 80A, max. 2000W (resistive) @ 250VAC.
- TRIAC Output: Switching capacity 0.5A, 24 to 230VAC. External relays must not be connected.
When switching higher loads than specified an interface relay must be used and a quenching circuit like a varistor or RC element must be used at the selected LOYTEC device.
PRESS – Pressure Sensor
These inputs represent differential pressure sensors. They are equipped with two 3/16” (4.8 mm) hose connectors.