- what information we collect from you;
- how we use that information; and
- how you can get access, update or ask for removal of your information.
- The Application of this Policy
This Policy applies to your personal information and to the use of that personal information in any form – whether oral, electronic or written.
This Policy gives effect to Loytec’s commitment to protect your personal information and has been adopted by all of the separate and distinct legal entities that manage, operate, franchise, own and/or provide services to various Loytec’s legal entities. Those entities include Loytec Electronics GmbH and all of the separate and distinct legal entities that own the individual Loytec properties worldwide. References to “Loytec”, “Loytec Group”, “we” and “our” throughout this Policy, depending on the context, collectively refer to those separate and distinct legal entities, including the entity with which you have or may have a customer relationship.
- Information we collect
We collect information, mostly the information on your business card, and information you provide to us, in order to provide newsletters, technical supports, promotion activities, events, and product information to you.
We collect information in the following ways, including the device information:
- Information you give to us. The personal information like your name, e-mail address, home address, telephone number, company name, company address and job position we ask you to fill in when you sign up for newsletters, request for technical support on our webpage, or request for back office services.
- Your site location information. For the reason that our products can monitor building energy consumption; can use motion sensors to detect human movements; interface operation panels controlling building equipment, these products might indirectly collect your presence.
- Log information. When you use our services in some specific applications, we automatically collect and store certain information in server logs. This includes (but is not limited to):
the details of how you used our applications; telephony log information such as phone number, time and date of calls, duration of calls, routing information and types of calls; internet protocol address; time and date of your log in; and device information, including hardware and software settings.
- How we use information we collect
The information we collect from you is only used for providing you services upon your request. Such services includes, without limitation, providing newsletters, promotion activities, events, product information (when you sign up for newsletter), technical support on using our products, repair and replacement services, back office management services, including without limitation, energy consumption monitoring, product and/or building maintenance and control services to devices that are installed in a building.
We will ask for your consent to process your personal data before you subscribe to our services.
- Data Transfer
Like most international businesses, we have centralized certain aspects of our data processing and administration in accordance with applicable laws in order to allow us to better manage our business. That centralization may result in the transfer of personal information from one country to another. For example, some personal information concerning you will be transferred to and processed by servers located outside the European Economic Area (EEA), such as Singapore and Taiwan.
When we transfer your personal information to a country outside the EEA that is not considered by the European Commission as providing an adequate level of protection to your personal data we will only transfer your personal data after having executed standard contractual clauses providing for appropriate or suitable safeguards with the data importer. Upon request you can obtain a copy of the relevant standard contractual clauses from Loytec by sending an email to the email address mentioned in section 6 below.
- Update, correction and deletion of your personal data
Should you meet the requirements of article 16 of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), you may inquire for change or deletion of the personal information we maintain about you by:
When you send out request by e-mail, please be sure to include your personal information on your business card including your full name, company name, job position so we can ascertain your identity and the personal information we maintain about you. We may not disclose data that you are not entitled to receive under applicable laws (e.g., data revealing information about another individual). You may also update your user account data visiting: https://www.loytec.com/user/editaddress
- clicking on the “unsubscribe” link. If you subscribe to newsletters with us, then you may find the “unsubscribe’ icon at the last paragraph of the newsletter. Click on “unsubscribe” icon and it will take you to the unsubscribe link. Should you wish to change your personal information, we kindly request you to send us an e-mail in the manner detailed in the previous paragraph “e-mail”.
Before we accept your request, we will do necessary identity check to ensure that you are the same person as you claim. When we have reasonable doubt that you are not the person you claim, we will reject your request directly. When we accept your request, the action we do for meeting your request is usually free of charge.
You may request that we correct, delete or stop processing, personal information that we hold about you on legitimate grounds by sending an email to the address set out above. If we agree that the information is incorrect, or that the processing should be stopped, we will delete or correct the information. If we do not agree that the information is incorrect, we will tell you that we do not agree and record the fact that you consider that information to be incorrect in the relevant file(s).
- How we share information
We do not share your personal information with any third parties that is outside Loytec Group unless one of the following circumstances applies:
- With our service partners
Our service partners may provide services for us. We need to share your registered personal information with them in order to provide you services stated in section 4.
- With our associated enterprises and affiliates
We may provide your personal information to our associated enterprises and affiliates, or other trusted businesses or persons to process or store your information for us.
- For legal reasons
We will share your personal information with companies, organizations or individuals outside Loytec Group if we have a belief in good faith that access, use, preservation or disclosure of your information is reasonably necessary to:
- meet any applicable laws, regulations, legal processes or enforceable governmental requirements;
- enforce our services, including investigation of potential violations;
- detect, prevent possible fraud, infringement of security or technical issues; and
- protect against harm to our rights, property or data security, or other user’s/public safety.
- Information security
We work hard to protect your personal information from unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of information that we hold. We restrict access to your personal information to our employees, contractors and service partners who need to know in order to process / provide services to you. We protect your personal information the same way as we protect ours from hacking, unlawful leaking, and any malice theft done by any third party. We will keep your personal information, until you unsubscribe our newsletter or when we accept your removal request in writing by e-mail.
- When and to what this policy applies
This policy applies to services stated in section 4 offered by Loytec Group and its affiliates, associated enterprises.
This policy does not cover the commercial practices of other companies and organizations that advertise our service.
Our policy may change from time to time. We will not reduce your rights under this policy without your explicit consent. We will post any changes in the newsletter, and if the changes are significant, we will provide a notice or an announcement on product webpage, or by a separate e-mail notification.
Effective Date: May 25, 2018